To offer shared access to food and information, and increase our capacity to collaborate and thrive in an unpredictable world. We aid in the expansion of regenerative agriculture operations and donate organic produce to those in need while serving as a hub for research, demonstration, and education.
Rhize is a confluence for the cultivation of community resilience – offering shared access to food and information, increasing our capacity to collaborate and thrive in an unpredictable world. Through powerful partnerships with local nonprofits, we are fostering lasting community resilience and support – offering cascading benefits for years to come. We Initiated collaboration with the indigenous community, began servicing their needs, and the needs of the land. The Rhize Program supports the expansion of the regenerative agriculture operations at The Mushroom Farm. Rhize is comprised of work within four pillars:
1. Regenerative Agriculture. Beyond Organic Practices, we demonstrate an agricultural approach that is both ecologically responsible and economically viable.
2. Research and demonstration. Serving as a hub for research, demonstration, and education on regenerative science practices and ecosystem restoration.
3. Experiential Education. Rhize acts as a demonstration site for regenerative science practices and the sharing of our knowledge.
4. Donating organic produce. Rhize donates organic produce to underserved, economically impacted communities.
4. Food System Justice: We collaborate with diverse populations such as the First Nations communities and provide just wages for farmworkers.
500 attended educational experiences in 2020.
5,300 pounds of organic produce donated in 2020.
20+ regenerative partnerships formed in 2020 with community based organizations.